View Recycling, Reducing Waste, and E-cycling presentations from 2011, given by HGOC Sponsors Greenstar Recycling, Waste Management, and Technocycle!
Click logos below to download presentations.
Here are a few items from the WASTE section of the Tenant Scorecard that you will want to be sure you've done by now to improve your score! Clink the links below to access the Resources for each item.
- Conduct a waste stream audit
- Start an Office Recycling Program
- Place recycling bins at desks
- Relocate trash bins to public areas only
- Provide recycling bins for cell phones, batteries and printer cartridges
- City of Houston Solid Waste Management links for hazardous waste disposal
- Waste Management’s Battery Tracker program
- Waste Management’s fluorescent bulb & battery recycling for small businesses and homes
- Establishe a paper use reduction goal
- Default all copiers and printers to print double-sided
- Unsubscribe to junk mail
- Eliminate the use of Styrofoam and plastics - read a polystyrene foam report
- Eliminate the use of single-serve bottled water - read a Plastics and Human Health report
- Implement an innovative project/program to reduce waste, such as composting or reusable coffee mug program